2. On Nov. 24 and 25, Sotheby’s auctioned the collection of the fourth-generation Munich dealer Konrad Bernheimer, who owns the historic London gallery Colnaghi. Mr. Bernheimer, 65, has decided to scale down his operations. He is closing his Munich gallery, selling his grand Bavarian home, Marquartstein Castle, and is merging Colnaghi with a fellow London dealer, Coll & Cortes.
3. China accounts for about 15 per cent of the world’s gold production, a higher proportion than Saudi Arabia has in the oil market. But since 2016 authorities have tightened their scrutiny on gold mining, which has led to the closure of smaller mines in the country.
1. “For years we had Chinese growth going gangbusters and US rates going down,” says Josh Crabb, head of Asian equities at Old Mutual Global Investors, the asset management arm of Old Mutual, the insurer. “But transaction volumes have dried up quite significantly, so we are not really sure what the prices are. That looks like a tough fundamental outlook.”
2. 这封情书是寄给一个叫做Clark C Moore，但是现在已经改名为Muhammad Siddeeq先生的，由于这次改名，让这封信找到真正的收件人变得尤为困难。
1. “In the drama, romance is the protagonist’s only pursuit. It seems that the meaning of her life is to have a romantic relationship with a Prince Charming. No, not only one, but three or four,” Douban user Jiuyuehuashang said.
2. If it isn't appropriate to interrupt, make a quick note of your question so you don't forget, and ask later.
Bernard Baumohl, chief global economist of the Economic Outlook Group, said he is even more optimistic. "The next two years could be the best two we have seen in at least a decade," he said. "There is clearly a lot of evidence the economy is gaining a lot of momentum."