1. She then turns back and pecks the man on the cheek, as the crowd erupts in cheers around them.
2. "I have school tomorrow, so I can't stay up late," she told the paper.
3. Glazer surely took something, again, from Kubrick, especially in the scene in which his alien is born in some dimensionless otherworld. He took something from Nic Roeg and The Man Who Fell to Earth and a little, perhaps, from David Lynch – of which, more in a moment. But alongside the sci-fi exoticism he brought the grit and sinew of contemporary realism, calling to mind the work of film-makers like Ken Loach, or even Abbas Kiarostami and the opening of his The Taste of Cherry, in which a desperately unhappy man drives around the itinerant labour markets of Teheran looking for someone to help him. These fantastic alien forms are scuffed with ordinariness and even bathos. The scene in which the alien uncomprehendingly watches Tommy Cooper on television is a masterpiece of tonal suspense.
3. Joakim Noah, meanwhile, proved to be so untradeable that he couldn't even generate a rumor.
5. Strachan says that he believes that the IP-BOX uses the same method employed by the FBI to unlock the iPhone 5c used by Syed Farook, without Apple's help. The FBI is now offering to help other law enforcement agencies seeking to unlock an iPhone, iPad or Apple iPod touch. Apple is trying to discover how the FBI unlocked the phone so that it can issue a software update to close the vulnerability.
1. PBS' 'Vietnam War' series receives a special award.
2. Auto sales: Car sales reach 17 million but manufacturers scramble to adjust capacity as trucks and SUVs soar in popularity. Pressure to hold down corporate fuel averages drives margins on small cars far below break-even.
3. "You can no longer have some countries go first and others come in later, because there is no more time," said Glen P. Peters, a scientist at the Center for International Climate and Environmental Research in Oslo, who helped compile the new numbers. "It needs to be all hands on deck now."
While the FT online and full-time MBAs are not strictly comparable because the criteria used to judge them are slightly different, it is interesting to note that IE and Warwick Business School are among six schools to feature in both rankings.
Shipments of cellphones made by Chinese companies reached 498 million in 2016, accounting for 88.9% of the country's total shipments, according to the report from the China Academy of Information and Communication Technology.