3. The pear-shaped diamond named The Blue is 13.22 carats is estimated to be worth between $21-$25 million.
5. Not only does its small cohort of about 50 allow the school to select highly experienced participants, it also creates a strong bond between them.
6. Her mother Stephanie Boyden, 32, says Bobbi is a 'diva' who runs to the stage when her name is called - and screams when she has to leave.
2. The malaise was not confined to those picking individual stock winners. Through December 1, aggregate hedge fund returns trailed the market to the point of farce. According to data compiled by Bloomberg, hedge funds were up an average of 2% on the year, just barely offering the coupon rate of a risk-free 10-year Treasury note. Over 1,000 funds are on track to close down in 2014, the worst year for liquidations since 2009.
3. The more powerful the passions and the more uncontained the ambitions, the more likely the democratic system will collapse into despotism.
4. In contrast to Hunter’s, her Piano co-star Anna Paquin’s Oscar seems to have no fixed abode, flitting between her sock drawer and on the floor next to her boots.
5. Will Smith had a very successful career in the late 80s and early 90s as the second half of rap duo DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. But in spite of his financial success, Smith did not manage his money well. It's a pretty classic tale, really. New fame, lots of money, no future plans, and lots of fancy toys added up to a lot of overspending. This lack of oversight and fiscal irresponsibility landed him on the brink of bankruptcy. He owed the government back taxes that he had not paid.
6. 2. Shanghai, China-The enormous metropolis of Shanghai—China's most populous city—has an historic urban core which sits alongside its status as a contemporary, global financial hub.